Monday, May 27, 2013

Life on the battle front is still good.



Bonjour! Qu'est-ce que vous pensez au sujet du prophetes? Je sais que Joseph Smith etait un prophete pour nos jours et il retabli le veritie sur la terre.
 
Can we just talk about how I know everyone at the MTC? You think I am kidding but I am not. For example, this past Wednesday I was on the way to breakfast and saw Kaytee who I went to EFY with three years ago. And then I say Sister King, who I was neighbors with in Perkins 211. And then I saw Carlee and Anabelle...both girls I roomed with at Disney World. THEN some girl I was in Social Work 300 with last semester. AND Alicia Kemp. I am not kidding. All in one day. And it doesn't help that I wonder the halls during study time so I am really good friends with a lot of the elders...not just the ones in our zone, but the other French zone as well, and the Haitian Creole elders, and the islanders going to America (one of them is from Madagascar! He is so awesome!) and somehow I am close to the Portugeuse Elders as well...so I see all of them all the time and they call me Sister Madagascar so if course I love that. My companions hate that I am so social but I am just like "haters gonna hate."
 
So this week was really good. We saw many miracles but faced many trials as well. My companions are struggling a little more with the language. It is a struggle and a trial of faith for all of us because when one companions feels discouraged, it feels innapropriate to be like "dang! my French is so good!" Ya know? We succeed and fail together. We are learning to love and teach and grow together.
 
I love our district. I say it every time but I mean it everytime. We have the coolest Elders. It will be weird to say goodbye to them in three weeks.
 
Speaking of three weeks...I LEAVE IN THREE WEEKS FROM TODAY! Can you even believe that?! I can't. It is going to be here before I know it and then I will be calling my family from the SLC airport and crying and then soon after eating horse and bleaching the produce that I get from the Creoles who live in the mountains of the rainforest. ( Well, at least according to this sister who works here and served on Mada/La Reunion/Mauritus.) I'm PUMPED. Good thing I know the word for horse in french. Cheaveul. Or maybe that's hair.
 
So on Sundays the Branch Presidency announces from the pulpit who is going to give a talk in sacrament. So you always have to have a talk prepared en francais and you may just get called up. It makes me have severe anxiety. I have been safe so far. Keep the prayers coming. But, even though that is a little stressful, for the most part I love Sundays. We get up at about 6 (yay! sleeping in!) We get to watch a movie every Sunday (The Jospeh and Emma movie has never before seemed like such a cinematic masterpeice) and we do a temple walk with our whole zone. And by that I mean we take a nap in front of the temple with our whole zone. And we have the best devos every sunday. Last night Mary Edmund spoke to us...She is my new hero. She's like this 70 year old ball of fire who has served 5 missions AND lived in Africa. (hollah.) And she just pumped me up to say yes everyday to my mission call. OUI!
 
SPEAKING OF DEVOTIONALS! So we have one every Sunday as well. And Elder Nelso was totally the speaker on Tuesday. AND I was in the choir so I was in the same room as him! It was so interesting because when he walked in I wasn't really watching the door but I immediately felt the spirit change. And I was all confused like "wait...why does it feel different? Who turned the heater on??" But no, it was just a man of God entering the room. He pumped me up also. Ask the missionaries!
 
Okay so I have to tell you the dumbest story. So we eat dinner at 4 and by like 7 I'm all "do you think they know about second dinner?" But much to my (and the hobbits) dismay, they do not, and so by 9:30 I am starving. So everynight I buy a string cheese from the vending machine and EVERY NIGHT it gets stuck. With out fail. And some islander sister always has to help me get it out. So now I will be walking around the MTC and some beautfiul Samoan/New Zealander/Hawaill will just call me Sister Cheesestick. Haha I love my life.
 
Life on the battle front is still good. Sorry I don't have more to write. We study and conjugate verbs and make any excuse to stand up and stretch that we can. The language is coming along great for me. I have truly been blessed with the ability to not only recall what I knew in High School, but to learn new material at an alarming speed. I am in no way an expert, but I can express myself to our invstigators, which is huge for me. I don't actually know how to spell investigator. They are called L'amis de L'Eglise in french. Friends of the church. Isn't that cute? it is.
 
I love the spirit. I love it's companionship and peace and guidance. I am not even close to adequate with out it. I saw many miracles with our investigators which is the most important things. During one of our lessons I was able to answer a question that I do not even have the vocab or know how to do. The spirit was so strong and we are commiting him to baptism this week!  Missionaries are not sent to fail, and the Lord will not allow our inadequecies to keep his children from learning the truth.
 
  I also love the temple. We did a session this morning...I forgot how much I love it. Today has probably been on the best days in the MTC so far and I know the temple is to thank.
 
I love you all! I am happy and healthy and probably laughing more than I am learning, but I am learning a little bit too :)
 
Love,
Soeur Edwards

No comments:

Post a Comment