Thursday, August 8, 2013

July 15th


Hello!
This week has been good.
I got my package! I have never been so happy to see American Deoderant in all my life. Thanks mom.
We had a baptism! Florelle. It was wonderful. We started teaching her two days after I arrived so I was still falling asleep every time we closed our eyes to say a prayer but still it was fun to take that journey with her. And we have another baptismsaturday. haha a lot of miracles are happening here.
I got to plant Minyock! We went to a recent copnverts house and planted veggies in the most lush, gree, haphazard garden I have ever seen. And we used machetes to do a lot of it. haha It was awesome. But hard work! I have a whole new respect for Grandpa now.
What else? We got in a car accident on the way over here. No one was hurt so that is good. Just a little scratch, and it was the other persons fault.
One of my comppanions leaves in 9 days. She has been in St Paul for 10 months spo everyone is really sad to see her go. Mostmy that just means we have a lot of dinner appointments this week!  I think I will just stay in the same area with my other companion...who speaks NO english. That will be fun.
I had to give a talk in our branch yesterday. Pfft. I talked SO fast and when I looked up everyone had the look of 'I have literally NO idea what you just said.' That's a confidence builder. haha. But everyone is so nice. I have two favorite members.... Pierre who is the most Creole man you will ever meet. He cannot read and I understand NONE of what he says. But he is SO kind. We visit him and his wife A LOT and when we leave he stands at the door and waves and I wave from the road until we cant see eachother anymore. He is like a nice grandpa man. Also Soeur Lassont (The relief Society President) who is EXACTLY like Honeyma. I am not kidding. It is awesome. 

The bakery we live above is going to be closed for a month. I am heart broken. I love smelling the fresh bread every morning.
Life is just life. Creole and dirty life. But I love it. I love porting, even though we are told no. I love sweating, even though it is not always comftorable. I love crying, because it means I am becoming the person my Savior wants.
Love you all!
Soeur Edwards

No comments:

Post a Comment